Wednesday, May 09, 2007

gratitude and tulips

so today is the 9th May. "yeah... so..." i hear you say. today it has been exactly one year since i arrived in vancouver.

upon my arrival on this day last year, i knew of one person in the city. i had met her for 30 mins about 6 months beforehand.... not exactly close friends.
i was able to stay with students of one of my teachers (who i had never met) for the first 5 nights. no home, no work, no friends. just me myself and my aspirations to live by the water.

and that i have achived. i wanted to write this note in gratitude as im well aware that sometimes i can be alittle on the whining side of life. ive been feeling out of sorts for the last month or so, and even my classes have been getting a little stale. but the last couple of days have reminded me of why im here, and what im doing.

in one year i have started a company that month by month is holding its own. i live 1 block from a beautiful, fairly quiet beach. 5 mins in the car from downtown vancouver. 20 mins from some awsome hiking in the forest. i get to teach in two of the most beautiful yoga studios in vancouver to people who want to learn what i have to share. (im starting to realise how much of a blessing that really is) not to mention i get to run my little workshops out of my home as well.

i have a lovely group of friends who embrace Divinity in all its glory. who expect high levels of communication and commitment, who never quiver at putting me in my place, and who give full respect and love in return.

in short... im really happy. im happy with where i live, what i get to do everyday, how i make my living and contribute to the world and who i get to share it with. (theres only one thing missing... but if its going to come it will come) im not sure there are alot of people who can say they are content with all of those three aspects of thier life. im also well aware of my friends in toronto, and my friends in new zealand who never let me forget where i came from, and how much i have been able to achieve in the last 4 years since i came to north america and for that i thank you.

so... lets take a moment to bask in sunshine and tulips.

in love, pixie dust and gratitude...

1 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"To sunshine and Tulips!" Here here!
I'll drink to that my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home