Monday, July 02, 2007

i give new meaning to the word...

exhausted!

well hello again. i hope this finds you in good spirits.

since i last wrote... nothing much has changed. i still have not "stopped" to collect my breath. in fact all attempts to taking it easy and chilling out have backfired dreadfully...

the latest was this weekend. a long weekend here for canada day. Fi and Harry and i decided to go on a short over night camping/hiking trip.... yay!!!!! 5km in and 5km out in hope/manning park...

typical though. we had all the energy in the world to start with and the first 5k seemed to go by like a breeze.... so we decided to go to the next campsite... another 8.5kms.... yip... 10km turned into 27. how did that happen? F&%^$ed if i know.

the thing that got me the most. was the distance... im fairly fit... but it was the 50lbs on my back... and the 3-4km of the hike that was in a foot of snow... in hiking boots....

i ended up beign so tired on the way back that i twisted my knee (from an old skiing injury) and the last 7 km out ended up being a news lesson in how to find grace in beauty in absolute agony.

anyway... some photos for your ammusement. from the views you can see it was worth it. and yes... thats me on the hammock. yes... i hiked in my hammock that i have in my appartment...

much love and pixie dust...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home