Friday, September 30, 2005

HOLA!

Yes! That’s right! Ive made it! Im now in Costa Rica!

And it’s a case of so far… so good!

After the initial shock of the fact that I don’t even know how to ask where the bathroom is, (hand signals don’t work so well for this ive found out) I think im doing ok!

Today was day one, how did you spend it you ask? Well ill tell you. First I got up at 7am (ok so its was 9am Toronto time) quickly got dressed and ran up the hill to email my loved ones. It took OVER AN HOUR to get on the internet. I managed to reach varying degrees of “almost on” before it would kick me off again. It defiantly was a great lesson early on in Costa Rican patience. (Something I don’t have much of.) im very accustomed to rolling over in bed, with one eye open breathing life into my laptop with a touch of my finger, and having broadband do the rest for me!

I then proceeded to do my yoga practice while being distracted by the 2 geckos that decided to engage in foreplay on the platform next to me while I was trying to do asana!

Then, after a shower, I fried plantain, and sat at a solo table with the jungle as my TV screen. Much to my delight the CSR equivalent was on as I watched a 2 foot Iguana make his way from one branch to another as it started the daily down pore of rain. (I called it Henry, then found out it was probably a girl)

To let the brunch go down I lounged on the hammock to read, and found this unbelievably tiring. So had a nap. (yeah I know… jealousy will get you nowhere!)





The evening was spent celebrating 3 birthdays of the woman from the surrounding houses. Where I got a entertaining lesson (entertaining for them. Not me. as they laughed at my attempts and broken Spanish) in general Spanishisms.

Macho – White Male
Macha – White Woman
Grengo – American (if your white your American until proven otherwise!)
Tico – Someone from Costa Rica. (they took great pleasure when I tried to explain that the equivalent for a New Zealander was “Kiwi” (IM NOT A FRUIT!))

So… all and all a great first day!

4 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And So It Begins... Elements 4 Windows Only
This week we learned those rumors were true. I can't speak for Adobe or anyone else, but my guess is that Apple's homegrown products, such as iPhoto 5, don't set very well with Adobe strategists -- something ...
If you are feeling charitable...:-) ...or just plain interested...:-)
take a peek at my site, it's a Trojan kind of site if you like Trojan stuff....

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kelly

sounds like you are having a great time....the music industry misses you up here in canada but i am sure that you dont miss all the craziness surrounding it....

the fremch man from montreal

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo jealous!! I love the pic. Iam anonymous, but you can guess who this is Smelly kelly.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Vincent Priceless said...

Hola, m'lady.

Nice hammock pic...I'm definitely jealous that you got down there before me. No iguanas here. The squirrels and pigeons don't really compare.

Hasta mañana, chica.

AB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home