Thursday, February 23, 2006

There's hope yet...

just wanted to drop a line to say that im now in AUCKLAND! my birth place, the city that has all the school memories, the first kiss, and a few others as well...

i saw my surrogate brother Smarty yesterday, for the first time since hes got married. his wife Anna is now also 5 months pregnant. so you can imagine my delight to see this man who i love dearly go from a playboy (he wasnt called "the dog" for nothing) to a man who is considerate and loving towards and about his wife, ecstatic at how hes just brought his first home with her. and unbelievably giddy at the thought of his first child arriving in June. it gives me hope that the scoundrels of the past can have redeeming apiphanies.

last night i stayed wtih my ex step sister, who i now just consider to be my sister, and was delighted to see my little "niece" Emma. she dosnt seem to be to interested in me at the ripe old age of 16 months old. but boy is she interested in everything else. from the great noise the metal spoon makes on a metal bowl, to the wonderful sound of the crackling lawn mower as she walks down the hall way with it. she has a chuckle that is hard to differenciate between when a child is winding up to burst into tears, or spill over in giggles.

tomorrow im going to dinner with my friends, cant wait to see them. toni (who was in blenheim with me last week.) and her boyfriend scott. and smarty and anna, and craig and his mrs, and hopfully kerin and his mrs as well. not to miss out the infamous BJ! (whos actually from Ajax ontario - but lives here now) - sadly mike will not be there due to the terrible fact that hes on tour with UB40 and wont be back in town till monday, where hes getting ready to fly to the "islands" for another gig. its a hard life but someone's got to do it.

anyway... so as i spend a week of reminiscing, and catching up, im also launching my publicity for my workshops back in Blenheim and nelson. Praying that I get enough people, IM really looking forward to doing some work down here.

love and pixie dust~!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home